The leading life insurance company in Pakistan has launched a unique campaign with concept of beautification of Karachi city “Mere Shaan Mera Pakistan”. The company believes in giving back to the society and committed to serve Pakistan through various CSR initiatives.
Last year on Independence Day, EFU life extended support for Karachities through the beautification projects aimed to reclaiming the walls of major public areas of the city and displayed rich historical content of art of heritages of Pakistan. The inauguration ceremony took place at Ayesha Manzil with the presentation of the wall by Commissioner Karachi Ejaz Ahmed Khan.
Art, in its a lot of forms, exists in every society, every civilization, and every country.
Art has been shaped since time began, evidenced in cave paintings and rock art, and in today’s world we know that art can be a major economic force, yet we continue to question the value of art.
I believe that:
- Art is a natural human behavior which makes us complete human beings.
- Art is communication; it is required to full range of expression. Art is healing, the process of creating art engages both the body and the mind and provides us with time to look inward and reflect.
- Art tells our story, history lesson, an historical record, a preservation of culture, and an autobiography all in one.
- Art is shared experience; creation of art is a collective activity.
- Art forms the solitary painter or poet relies upon the craft of the paint-maker or book-binder to help create art.
- Art offers us a reason to come together and share in an experience.
There is a lot to be proud of being Pakistani and it is vital to bring forward the positive approach about our rich cultural heritage especially among the youth. One of the ways is through street art and wall paintings in public spaces. The project aims to wipe out wall-chalking and highlights not only the heritage and culture of Pakistan but also encourages citizens to take responsibility for the city. What makes this campaign truly unique is by the involvement of the youth.
This year EFU Life insurance wants to restart the campaign and reclaim public spaces once again. This year area of painting is double and artists are also invited to submit their art which will be sketched in general public.